DO YOU WANT TO JOIN KLORMAN CONSTRUCTION? We want people looking for a Company to spend the rest of their career with.
Send your resume to: email@example.com.
We offer great benefits that include: Medical 100%, vision, dental, life insurance, 401K, project and corporate based bonuses. Better than competitive pay scale.
Virtual Design & Construction Engineer
(Resumes with similar experience and skills will also be considered for more senior positions available)
Position Reports To: Virtual Design & Construction Coordinator
Position Directly Supervises: Assistant(s) and Lower Level Staff
Purpose of Position: This position is responsible for the development, refinement and implementation of Building Information Models (BIM) and other Virtual Design & Construction technology, documentation and representations.
Grad Description: VDC Engineer-003
The VDC Engineer is responsible for virtual construction needs in Preconstruction, Construction Operations and Consulting/Litigation Support Services departments. The VDC Engineer is a power-user of all of KLORMAN’s VDC software programs. The position requires a self-motivated, open-minded and dedicated individual who is willing to take on new challenges. The VDC Engineer is based in Woodland Hills, CA, but travels to jobsites and partner offices as needed and may work out of jobsites as required. The position reports to Virtual Design & Construction Coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and coordinate 3D object-oriented models
- Create 5D visual simulations incorporating BIM+TIME+COST using Navisworks or Synchro
- Perform clash detections
- Perform 3D scanning using Trimble 3D scanner and Layout of work using Trimble Robotic Total Station
- Process actual job cost, model based quantity report, model based quantity take-off and actual schedule inform ation back into the model for as-built project control, risk analysis and historical reference
- Create Formwork and concrete lift and placement drawings for horizontal and vertical control and general assembly drawings
- Support Preconstruction and Business Development efforts as requested by creating photorealistic Imagery using Artlantis and other rendering engines
- Perform project document management (RFIs, submittals and PCOs, NOC, etc.)
- Process raw 3D point cloud scan files in software suites such as Trimble REALWORKS, Scene, Rythm or similar software and produce registered files
- Produce as-built models based on the scan files using Trimble REALWORKS or similar software and/or TEKLA Structures
- Convert and correct building model files or 3D scanned point clouds as needed to create rapid prototype 3D printable objects using Materialise Magics and SpaceClaim
- Perform completeness and constructibility reviews under supervision and issue and manage RFIs
- Minimum Bachelors degree in architecture, engineering or construction related field or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years in building or design industry preferred, but not required.
- Understanding concepts of VDC or BIM
- Exposure to and preliminary experience with some Building Information Model (BIM) systems (i.e. Autodesk Revit, Bentley, Vico Constructor, TEKLA, Synchro, Navisworks, Sketchup and similar software suites) required
- Excellent computer skills, including high level of proficiency in MS Office, Adobe Acrobat and BlueBeam
- Strong personal management skills, dedication, organization and open-mindedness required
- Creative thinker with ability to work in a close knit environment
- Other duties as may be assigned by supervisors
Sr. Concrete Estimator
Responsible for detailed quantity take-off and preliminary pricing for multi-story cast-in-place concrete structures in California.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years estimating self-performed multi-story cast-in-place concrete structures in California.
- Must have excellent understanding of man hour production rates for various formwork systems and types, placing and finishing task based on historical data.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, WinEst, Cost-OS, Timberline Precision Estimating, PlanSwift / On Screen Takeoff a plus.
- Experience with Model Based Estimating a plus.
Project size $10 – $35 million. All Class A high rise and multi-story parking structures;
Projects primarily LA, Orange County and Inland Empire.
1. Minimum 10 year experience.
2. Must have strong understanding of scoping, buyout, cost control and communication skills.
3. Fluent in Prolog and Converge a plus.
Construction Business Development Assistant
- Maintain marketing files, sales reminder system, project lead and client database;
- Preparation of statements of qualification, proposals, general correspondence;
- Prepare/maintain/distribute marketing materials (brochures, project profiles and photos, etc.);
- Produce/manage internal Business Development reports and marketing campaigns;
- Review and track lead resources (e.g. Dodge, Bidclerk, etc.);
- Attend assigned Pre-Bid meetings and industry conferences;
3 years marketing experience in a construction office or related A/E/C industries. Good written, verbal and graphic communication skills, proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, Adobe Photoshop, and In-Design; Dodge Reports and Salesforce a plus.
Business Development Manager
- Develop marketing strategies to enhance the company’s position in the community.
- Develop new accounts to secure construction opportunities and repeat business partners.
- Strategically research, network, and acquire long-term business partners, particularly as a subcontractor to all major general contractors and owners.
- Participate in industry and community organizations that enhances the company.
- Research and document project leads and track opportunities.
- Business and community relationships in Southern California.
- 5-10 years of marketing, business development and sales experience in a construction related industry is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, construction, engineering or related field.
- Proven track record developing business opportunities and long-term client relationships.
- Experience with concrete construction market is a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office products; Dodge Reports and Salesforce a plus.